Danone says Numico bid unconditional, holds 90.5 pct
PARIS Oct 31 (Reuters) - French food group Danone (DANO.PA) said on Wednesday that its cash offer for Numico NUMCc.AS was now unconditional after 60.95 percent of the Dutch group's shares were tendered.
Danone, which announced the friendly 12.3-billion euro ($17.77 billion) takeover offer in July, expects to hold 90.47 percent of Numico's capital upon settlement, the companies said in a joint statement. Danone already held 29.52 percent of Numico.
A new offer period will start on Nov. 5 and run until Nov. 23 for the remaining shares.
Danone won conditional permission from the European Commission on Wednesday to take over Numico and become one of the world's biggest baby food makers.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data