Walgreen October same-store sales rose 6.9 pct
NEW YORK Nov 2 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co (WAG.N), one of the largest U.S. drugstore chain operators, said on Friday that sales rose 6.9 percent in October at stores open at least a year, helped by higher sales of general merchandise and prescription drugs.
Pharmacy counter same-store sales increased 7.8 percent, while general merchandise sales, also known as front-end sales, were up 5.1 percent at stores open at least a year, the company said.
Total sales jumped 11.8 percent to $4.83 billion.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |