Gyllenhaal in bed with Biel for "Nailed"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel are attached to star in "Nailed," a risque political satire co-written by a daughter of Al Gore.
David O. Russell ("Three Kings") is attached to direct from a screenplay co-written with Kristin Gore, a published novelist and former writer on "Futurama."
Biel would play Sammy Joyce, a socially awkward small-town receptionist who has a nail accidentally shot into her head by a clumsy workman, eliciting wild sexual urges.
The uninsured Joyce goes on a crusade to Washington to fight for the rights of the bizarrely injured. She meets an immoral congressman (Gyllenhaal) who takes advantage of her sex drive and capitalizes on her crusade as Joyce heads into her own career in politics.
Principal photography is set to start in January.
Neither star has a signed contract for the film. Their commitment could depend on juggling other features.
Russell is no stranger to politics. He started as an 1980s political activist before directing the prescient Gulf War drama "Three Kings."
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft