LookSmart Q3 loss widens; to sell FindArticles.com for $20.5 mln
Nov 7 (Reuters) - LookSmart Ltd (LOOK.O), an online media and technology company, reported a wider-than-expected quarterly loss, hurt by continued volatility in ad spend among its larger volume advertisers, and impairment charges.
The company also said it will sell its FindArticles.com property to CNET Networks Inc (CNET.O) for about $20.5 million in cash.
LookSmart posted a third-quarter loss of 19 cents a share, on revenue of $12.6 million. This compares with a loss of 17 cents per share on revenue of $12.2 million. Analysts were looking for a loss of 12 cents per share on revenue of $13.4 million. (Reporting by Sreerupa Mitra in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |