TiVo to offer advertisers viewer data: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Digital video recorder company TiVo Inc is offering a new service giving advertisers detailed profiles of its users, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday in its online edition.
TiVo -- which sells advertisers second-by-second ratings of programs and commercials based on subscriber viewing habits -- plans to announce on Thursday that it will soon add demographic data about the viewers themselves, the Journal reported.
The information includes age, income, marital status and ethnicity, the newspaper reported.
Representatives for TiVo could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ