TiVo to offer advertisers viewer data: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Digital video recorder company TiVo Inc is offering a new service giving advertisers detailed profiles of its users, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday in its online edition.
TiVo -- which sells advertisers second-by-second ratings of programs and commercials based on subscriber viewing habits -- plans to announce on Thursday that it will soon add demographic data about the viewers themselves, the Journal reported.
The information includes age, income, marital status and ethnicity, the newspaper reported.
Representatives for TiVo could not immediately be reached for comment.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list