- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
TiVo to offer advertisers viewer data: report
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Digital video recorder company TiVo Inc is offering a new service giving advertisers detailed profiles of its users, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday in its online edition.
TiVo -- which sells advertisers second-by-second ratings of programs and commercials based on subscriber viewing habits -- plans to announce on Thursday that it will soon add demographic data about the viewers themselves, the Journal reported.
The information includes age, income, marital status and ethnicity, the newspaper reported.
Representatives for TiVo could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this