Delta denies merger talks with UAL
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL.N) said on Wednesday that there were no ongoing talks to merge with United Airlines parent UAL Corp UAUA.O.
"There have been no talks with United regarding any type of consolidation transaction and there are no such ongoing discussions," Chief Executive Richard Anderson said in a statement.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Associated Press had reported that the United and Delta were discussing a possible deal.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76