Rapper Mos Def working with Kanye West on album
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rapper Mos Def is working on his debut release for indie label Downtown Recordings, after his major-label swan song died a quick death last year.
According to Downtown head Josh Deutsch, Kanye West will produce some tracks on the as-yet-untitled record. Mos Def recently appeared on the track "Drunk and Hot Girls" from West's new album, "Graduation."
Deutsch said Downtown has no plans to reissue Mos Def's last release, "Tru3 Magic." The Geffen Records set was pushed back numerous times and eventually appeared with no fanfare in late December. It has sold just 86,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Although he didn't appear in a film in 2007, Mos Def has no less than eight movie roles pending through 2009, including an appearance in the Danny Glover-directed "Toussaint."
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip