Rapper Mos Def working with Kanye West on album
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rapper Mos Def is working on his debut release for indie label Downtown Recordings, after his major-label swan song died a quick death last year.
According to Downtown head Josh Deutsch, Kanye West will produce some tracks on the as-yet-untitled record. Mos Def recently appeared on the track "Drunk and Hot Girls" from West's new album, "Graduation."
Deutsch said Downtown has no plans to reissue Mos Def's last release, "Tru3 Magic." The Geffen Records set was pushed back numerous times and eventually appeared with no fanfare in late December. It has sold just 86,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Although he didn't appear in a film in 2007, Mos Def has no less than eight movie roles pending through 2009, including an appearance in the Danny Glover-directed "Toussaint."
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media