Kristen Stewart enters "Twilight" zone
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Teen actress Kristen Stewart will star in "Twilight," an indie vampire thriller-romance based on Stephenie Meyer's best-seller.
She will play Bella Swan, a 17-year-old who becomes drawn to a classmate who is a vampire. Their unorthodox romance puts her in physical danger when the classmate's nemesis comes to town and sets his sights on Bella.
Catherine Hardwicke ("thirteen") is directing the Summit Entertainment project, which starts shooting in February.
"Twilight" and its sequels have topped best-seller lists at the New York Times and USA Today, and have garnered legions of devoted teenage fans.
Stewart is in theaters with Sean Penn's "Into the Wild." She played Jodie Foster's daughter in "Panic Room," and Meg Ryan's daughter in "In the Land of Women."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |