Julia Roberts designs a first in Armani bracelet
MILAN (Reuters Life!) - "Pretty Woman" star Julia Roberts has designed a bracelet for Giorgio Armani to sell for World AIDS Day, the fashion house said on Tuesday.
It is the first time the Italian designer has worked with another name on a product.
The leather bracelet in red or brown has a "Tree of Life" design and inside carries the initials J.R, Armani said.
"Julia has helped to create a beautiful accessory ... which will be a visible reminder of the part that we can all play in fighting AIDS in Africa," Armani said in a statement.
Armani, known for his classic, flowing clothes and subtle colors, has been a partner in the (PRODUCT) RED initiative to send funds from the sale of products to help the fight against AIDS since it started in 2006.
Armani chose the materials and colors for the bracelet.
Oscar-winning actress Roberts has often worn Armani gowns to movie ceremonies and is a long-standing friend of the designer.
(Reporting by Jo Winterbottom, editing by Paul Casciato)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video