Julia Roberts designs a first in Armani bracelet
MILAN (Reuters Life!) - "Pretty Woman" star Julia Roberts has designed a bracelet for Giorgio Armani to sell for World AIDS Day, the fashion house said on Tuesday.
It is the first time the Italian designer has worked with another name on a product.
The leather bracelet in red or brown has a "Tree of Life" design and inside carries the initials J.R, Armani said.
"Julia has helped to create a beautiful accessory ... which will be a visible reminder of the part that we can all play in fighting AIDS in Africa," Armani said in a statement.
Armani, known for his classic, flowing clothes and subtle colors, has been a partner in the (PRODUCT) RED initiative to send funds from the sale of products to help the fight against AIDS since it started in 2006.
Armani chose the materials and colors for the bracelet.
Oscar-winning actress Roberts has often worn Armani gowns to movie ceremonies and is a long-standing friend of the designer.
(Reporting by Jo Winterbottom, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident