- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Target testing online sales of used electronics
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Target Corp said on Tuesday that is testing sales of used electronics on its Web site.
Target said on its Web site customers can purchase "pre-owned" Apple Inc iPods, video games consoles and televisions. While results have been positive, it has not made a decision on whether or not it will continue the business.
The discount retailer, on a call with analysts held after it released its quarterly earnings. said it began the test about 30 days ago after seeing that many used electronics returned to its stores in "perfect working order."
On its Web site, it says the used items listed for sales were checked, inspected and refurbished by "either a manufacturer-authorized or Target-managed third party."
"This means they're essentially good as new," the Web site states.
A look at the site on Tuesday showed many used iPods and high-definition flat-panel televisions listed for sale, but there were no used video game consoles available.
(Reporting by Nicole Maestri, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this