- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Springsteen bandmate on hiatus for health reasons
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Keyboardist Danny Federici, an original member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, is taking a leave of absence from the group while underground treatment for melanoma.
Beginning Sunday (November 24) in Madrid, Federici will be replaced by Charles Giordano, who previously played in Springsteen's Sessions band.
On Monday in Boston, the E Street Band's set list was tilted toward material with which Federici is closely associated, including "Kitty's Back," "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" and "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)."
"Danny is one of the pillars of our sound and has played beside me as a great friend for more than 40 years," Springsteen said in a statement. "We all eagerly await his healthy and speedy return."
Besides Springsteen, the other original E Street members are saxophonist Clarence Clemons and bassist Garry Tallent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this