Samsung to invest $2.2 billion on LCD expansion
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) said on Thursday it plans to invest 2.06 trillion won ($2.21 billion) to expand its eighth-generation liquid crystal display (LCD) line.
Samsung, which had been cooperating with Japan's Sony (6758.T) for its No. 8 line, is making the investment on its own for this phase, a Samsung official said.
(Reporting by Lee Jin-joo)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow