- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Springsteen bandmate on hiatus for health reasons
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Keyboardist Danny Federici, an original member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, is taking a leave of absence from the group while undergoing treatment for melanoma.
Beginning Sunday (November 24) in Madrid, Federici will be replaced by Charles Giordano, who previously played in Springsteen's Sessions band.
On Monday in Boston, the E Street Band's set list was tilted toward material with which Federici is closely associated, including "Kitty's Back," "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" and "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)."
"Danny is one of the pillars of our sound and has played beside me as a great friend for more than 40 years," Springsteen said in a statement. "We all eagerly await his healthy and speedy return."
Besides Springsteen, the other original E Street members are saxophonist Clarence Clemons and bassist Garry Tallent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this