Toyota to recall 215,020 Lexus, other cars in Japan
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said on Wednesday it would recall 215,020 units of the Lexus GS, Crown and three other high-end car models in Japan to fix a faulty fuel pipe that could lead to a fuel leakage.
The recall covers Crown, Lexus GS350, Lexus IS250, Lexus IS350 and Mark X sedans manufactured between December 2003 and December 2005, Japan's top automaker said in a filing with the transport ministry. No accident has been reported.
Another 49,000 of the Lexus models with the same design defect will be recalled in the United States, Britain and Canada and other markets, a spokesman said.
Shares in Toyota reacted little, falling 2.0 percent to 5,980 yen in late trade, largely unchanged from levels before the news.
(Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Malcolm Whittaker)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ