- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
"Rock Band" game sold "hundreds of thousands": EA
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - MTV's music video game "Rock Band" sold hundreds of thousands of copies over Thanksgiving weekend, Electronic Arts Inc ERTS.O Chief Executive John Riccitiello said on Thursday.
"Hundreds of thousands (of copies) sold through over the Thanksgiving weekend. Literally every box we made," Riccitiello told the Reuters Media Summit in New York.
EA, the world's top video game publisher, is distributing "Rock Band" for MTV, a unit of Viacom VIAb.N. The $170 game is challenging Activision Inc's (ATVI.O) "Guitar Hero 3", which racked up $115 million in sales in its first week.
(Click here to see Reuters MediaFile blog)
(Reporting by Scott Hillis and Peter Henderson in New York; Editing by Derek Caney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this