One Turk soldier, six Kurd rebels killed in clash
ANKARA Dec 4 (Reuters) - One Turkish soldier and six Kurdish PKK guerrillas were killed on Tuesday in a clash in mountainous Sirnak province in southeast Turkey, the military General Staff said.
Turkey has amassed up to 100,000 troops in the mainly Kurdish southeast region near its border with Iraq in preparation for possible military strikes against PKK rebels using northern Iraq as a base. (Reporting by Gareth Jones)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |