Monsanto joins carbon credit trading group
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Monsanto Co said on Tuesday it joined the Chicago Climate Exchange, a carbon-dioxide credit trading group, and agreed to reduce its emissions of the gas or buy emission offsets.
The company said it will reduce its direct carbon emissions by 6 percent below its 2000 levels by 2010 or buy the offsets.
It will also encourage farmer groups to discuss reducing carbon dioxide by practicing no-till agriculture.
(Reporting by Michael Erman; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions