Monsanto joins carbon credit trading group
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Monsanto Co said on Tuesday it joined the Chicago Climate Exchange, a carbon-dioxide credit trading group, and agreed to reduce its emissions of the gas or buy emission offsets.
The company said it will reduce its direct carbon emissions by 6 percent below its 2000 levels by 2010 or buy the offsets.
It will also encourage farmer groups to discuss reducing carbon dioxide by practicing no-till agriculture.
(Reporting by Michael Erman; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media