Gossett, Holly cloistered for indie feature
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Louis Gossett Jr. and Lauren Holly star in the indie feature "The Least Among You," which began principal photography in Los Angeles this week.
The film revolves around a black man (newcomer Cedric Sanders) who, after graduating from college and becoming successful in the corporate world, is falsely arrested in the 1965 Watts riots. He then faces racial prejudice from professors and students following his agreement to a plea bargain that involves spending two semesters at a seminary.
Gossett ("An Officer and a Gentleman") will play an elderly ex-con who lives in the basement of Kelly's dorm at the seminary and inspires him to conquer his demons. Holly (CBS' "NCIS") will play a professor who has become a closet drinker.
Mark Young directs from his own script.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia