Gossett, Holly cloistered for indie feature
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Louis Gossett Jr. and Lauren Holly star in the indie feature "The Least Among You," which began principal photography in Los Angeles this week.
The film revolves around a black man (newcomer Cedric Sanders) who, after graduating from college and becoming successful in the corporate world, is falsely arrested in the 1965 Watts riots. He then faces racial prejudice from professors and students following his agreement to a plea bargain that involves spending two semesters at a seminary.
Gossett ("An Officer and a Gentleman") will play an elderly ex-con who lives in the basement of Kelly's dorm at the seminary and inspires him to conquer his demons. Holly (CBS' "NCIS") will play a professor who has become a closet drinker.
Mark Young directs from his own script.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port