El Paso, Equitable plan pipeline project
NEW YORK Dec 10 (Reuters) - El Paso Corp EP.N and Equitable Resources Inc (EQT.N) on Monday said they plan to build a natural gas pipeline running from Clarington, Ohio, to Pleasant Valley, New York.
The 471-mile pipeline -- called the Northeast Passage Project -- would have an initial capacity of 1.1 billion cubic feet of gas per day. It is intended to connect the Rockies Express Pipeline to markets in the U.S. northeast.
The companies expect the project to begin service on Nov. 1, 2011, subject to regulatory approvals and other factors. (Reporting by Michael Erman)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media