Suzuki Auto Announces Plans for Pickup Truck Built by Nissan North America
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
BREA, Calif.--(Business Wire)--American Suzuki Motor Corporation today announced that its midsize pickup truck will be produced by Nissan North America, Inc. The truck will be based on Nissan's Frontier midsize pickup and built at the company's manufacturing facility in Smyrna, Tenn. Production of the pickup truck will begin in the fall of 2008. The vehicle will be marketed solely by Suzuki in North America. In 2006, Suzuki and Nissan announced an agreement to expand the scope of their business collaboration. The pickup is part of that agreement, which also included the supply by Suzuki to Nissan of Alto minicars in Japan. About Suzuki Auto The Brea, Calif.-based Automotive Operations of American Suzuki Motor Corporation was founded in 1985 by parent company Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) and currently markets its vehicles in the United States through a network of approximately 500 automotive dealerships in 49 states. Based in Hamamatsu, Japan, SMC is a diversified worldwide automobile, motorcycle and outboard motor manufacturer with sales of more than two million new automobiles annually. Founded in 1909 and incorporated in 1920, SMC has operations in 187 countries. American Suzuki Auto PR Beth Borozan, 714-996-7040 ext. 2464 email@example.com www.media.suzukiauto.com or PainePR for American Suzuki Amy Corsinita, 949-809-6740 firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright Business Wire 2007
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |