Donny and Marie may return to TV
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Donny and Marie Osmond could be making their way back to television together on the heels of their recent association with ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Sources have indicated that there's been interest from networks and syndicators in the pair, who previously starred in such series as the 1970s variety show "The Donny & Marie Show" and the late-'90s daytime talker "Donny & Marie."
The talks revolve around hosting duties for reality series in primetime and a syndicated talk show for daytime, sources said.
Marie Osmond came in third during the most recent season of "Dancing," while Donny Osmond served as a special "Dancing" correspondent for "Entertainment Tonight."
The news comes after the duo's recent announcement that they will perform together for a week in July in Las Vegas, which has led to speculation that they might set up a permanent show in the city. The seven performing Osmonds also are set to celebrate their 50th anniversary in entertainment with a reunion tour next year in the U.K. The duo's reps were unavailable for comment.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand