Warner, XM in talks to settle suit-source
NEW YORK Dec 17 (Reuters) - Warner Music Group Corp WMG.N is in talks with XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc XMSR.O to settle a lawsuit related to portable radios that can record music, and expects a settlement soon, a person close to the talks said on Monday.
"You can probably expect a resolution fairly shortly," said the person who asked not to be named.
XM Satellite said on Monday it had settled a similar lawsuit filed by Universal Music Group (VIV.PA) against XM Satellite's portable "Inno" devices that can record and store music. (Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |