Warner, XM in talks to settle suit-source
NEW YORK Dec 17 (Reuters) - Warner Music Group Corp WMG.N is in talks with XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc XMSR.O to settle a lawsuit related to portable radios that can record music, and expects a settlement soon, a person close to the talks said on Monday.
"You can probably expect a resolution fairly shortly," said the person who asked not to be named.
XM Satellite said on Monday it had settled a similar lawsuit filed by Universal Music Group (VIV.PA) against XM Satellite's portable "Inno" devices that can record and store music. (Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early