Affymetrix to buy privately held USB for $75 mln in cash
Dec 18 (Reuters) - Affymetrix Inc (AFFX.O), a maker of microchips used in genetic research, said it agreed to buy privately held USB Corp for about $75 million in cash, to accelerate the development and marketing of new genetic analysis technology.
The company said it sees the deal to modestly add to its 2008 earnings per share, before anticipated charges relating to the deal.
USB Corp develops and markets an extensive line of molecular biology and biochemical reagent products. (Reporting by Dhanya Skariachan in Bangalore; Editing by Amitha Rajan)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll