El Pollo Loco receives $45 mln equity investment
NEW YORK Dec 27 (Reuters) - Fast food chain El Pollo Loco Inc said on Thursday that a private equity firm had invested $45 million in it, which the company plans to use to open more restaurants.
Freeman Spogli & Co made the equity investment in El Pollo Loco's parent, the company said.
El Pollo Loco is owned by Trimaran Capital Partners and management, according to the company. Trimaran agreed to buy the company, which specializes in grilled chicken, from American Securities Capital Partners LP in 2005.
(Reporting by Jonathan Keehner; editing by John Wallace)
((firstname.lastname@example.org; +1 646 223 6128; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)) Keywords: ELPOLLOLOCO/INVESTMENT
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nN27405192
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |