Baidu CFO Shawn Wang dies in accident
BEIJING Dec 30 (Reuters) - Shawn Wang, chief financial officer of top Chinese Internet search firm Baidu.com Inc (BIDU.O), died in an accident on Dec. 27, the company said.
The accident happened in China while Wang was on vacation over the Christmas holiday, Baidu said in a statement. It did not elaborate, and the company was not immediately available for comment.
"We are all completely shocked and deeply saddened by this tragic news," Baidu Chairman and Chief Executive Robin Li said in the statement.
Wang joined Beijing-based Baidu in 2004 and helped it list on the Nasdaq stock exchange the following year. (Reporting by Jason Subler; editing by Sue Thomas)
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media