Baidu CFO Shawn Wang dies in accident
BEIJING Dec 30 (Reuters) - Shawn Wang, chief financial officer of top Chinese Internet search firm Baidu.com Inc (BIDU.O), died in an accident on Dec. 27, the company said.
The accident happened in China while Wang was on vacation over the Christmas holiday, Baidu said in a statement. It did not elaborate, and the company was not immediately available for comment.
"We are all completely shocked and deeply saddened by this tragic news," Baidu Chairman and Chief Executive Robin Li said in the statement.
Wang joined Beijing-based Baidu in 2004 and helped it list on the Nasdaq stock exchange the following year. (Reporting by Jason Subler; editing by Sue Thomas)
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |