Baidu CFO Shawn Wang dies in accident
BEIJING Dec 30 (Reuters) - Shawn Wang, chief financial officer of top Chinese Internet search firm Baidu.com Inc (BIDU.O), died in an accident on Dec. 27, the company said.
The accident happened in China while Wang was on vacation over the Christmas holiday, Baidu said in a statement. It did not elaborate, and the company was not immediately available for comment.
"We are all completely shocked and deeply saddened by this tragic news," Baidu Chairman and Chief Executive Robin Li said in the statement.
Wang joined Beijing-based Baidu in 2004 and helped it list on the Nasdaq stock exchange the following year. (Reporting by Jason Subler; editing by Sue Thomas)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor