OAO Severstal - SNA Accident
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
RNS Number:2341L OAO Severstal 07 January 2008 SEVERSTAL NORTH AMERICA, INC. CONFIRMS ACCIDENT AT ITS SMALL BLAST FURNACE DEARBORN, Mich., January 7, 2008 - As a result of an accident on 5 January at its small blast furnace, Blast Furnace "B", Severstal North America, (SNA), has halted production at this facility pending a comprehensive damage assessment a company investigation into the cause. Blast Furnace "B" was in regular operation when eruption breached the furnace and, regrettably, injured a passing on-site contractor. Blast Furnace "B" is the smaller of SNA's two furnaces and is used to produce pig iron for subsequent conversion into steel. "B" Furnace's daily production is 1 800 tons. SNA's primary "C" Blast Furnace, a newly rebuilt state-of-the-art facility, was completely unaffected by the accident at Blast Furnace "B", but is likely to be temporarily suspended as part of the overall investigation. Further information, including the duration and likely impact on production of the outage, will be reported as it is known. This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the London Stock Exchange END MSCBUGDBBBGGGIR
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings collapse in explosion, two dead
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia