Sirius CEO says remains confident about XM deal
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Sirius Satellite Radio Inc (SIRI.O) Chief Executive Mel Karmazin said on Tuesday he has not yet "officially" heard from the Department of Justice on a decision relating to its merger with XM Satellite Radio Inc XMSR.O, but remains confident the deal will be approved.
Speaking at the Citigroup Global Entertainment, Media and Telecommunications conference in Phoenix, Karmazin said he remains "very optimistic" about the deal.
"This deal is not anti-competitive, it is in the consumer's best interest," Karmazin said.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |