Invitrogen to buy CellzDirect for $57 mln
CHICAGO Jan 10 (Reuters) - Invitrogen Corp IVGN.O said on Thursday it would buy privately held CellzDirect Inc for $57 million.
Invitrogen, a drug discovery company, said the deal will be neutral to its earnings in fiscal 2008 and add to earnings in fiscal 2009.
CellzDirect, based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, provides hepatocyte-based cell products and related services used in the testing of new drugs. Primary human hepatocytes are the most accepted model for predicting a compound's effects on enzymatic metabolism in the liver. (Reporting by Debra Sherman; Editing by John Wallace)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details