Invitrogen to buy CellzDirect for $57 mln
CHICAGO Jan 10 (Reuters) - Invitrogen Corp IVGN.O said on Thursday it would buy privately held CellzDirect Inc for $57 million.
Invitrogen, a drug discovery company, said the deal will be neutral to its earnings in fiscal 2008 and add to earnings in fiscal 2009.
CellzDirect, based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, provides hepatocyte-based cell products and related services used in the testing of new drugs. Primary human hepatocytes are the most accepted model for predicting a compound's effects on enzymatic metabolism in the liver. (Reporting by Debra Sherman; Editing by John Wallace)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |