Invitrogen to buy CellzDirect for $57 mln
CHICAGO Jan 10 (Reuters) - Invitrogen Corp IVGN.O said on Thursday it would buy privately held CellzDirect Inc for $57 million.
Invitrogen, a drug discovery company, said the deal will be neutral to its earnings in fiscal 2008 and add to earnings in fiscal 2009.
CellzDirect, based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, provides hepatocyte-based cell products and related services used in the testing of new drugs. Primary human hepatocytes are the most accepted model for predicting a compound's effects on enzymatic metabolism in the liver. (Reporting by Debra Sherman; Editing by John Wallace)
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds