- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
Dionne Warwick's jewels stolen in Rome hotel
ROME (Reuters) - Thieves stole valuables worth more than $100,000, including a diamond ring and a Rolex watch, from pop singer Dionne Warwick's room in a posh Rome hotel, Italian newspapers reported on Wednesday.
The robbers made off with two rings, a necklace, the watch and a pair of earrings left on a night table while the five-time Grammy Award winner was preparing for a concert in Rome on Monday, La Repubblica newspaper said.
The robbery occurred in the same room at the luxurious Hotel De Russie where actress Cameron Diaz encountered a pair of thieves seven years ago, newspapers said.
Warwick, best known for pop hits such as "Do You Know the Way to San Jose?," "I Say A Little Prayer" and "That's What Friends Are For," is touring in Italy this month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this