PRESS DIGEST - South Korean newspapers - Jan 11
SEOUL Jan 11 (Reuters) - The following is a summary of major South Korean newspapers on Friday, prepared by Reuters in Seoul. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not guarantee their accuracy.
MAEIL BUSINESS NEWSPAPER
- A Seoul National University team is selling its nanoparticle production technology to Hanwha Chemical (009830.KS) for 4.3 billion won ($4.59 million).
- The grand canal project, a main campaign pledge by President-elect Lee Myung-bak, may begin in early 2009, said Lee Dong-kwan, a spokesman for Lee's transition team.
- The United Nations forecast the South Korean economy will grow 5 percent in 2008, from last year's estimated 4.9 percent rise, despite a slowdown in the global economy. (Writing by Mee Hyoe Koo; Editing by Sei Chong)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |