FACTBOX - M&A spreads for deals under scrutiny
Jan 22 (Reuters) Arbitrage spreads, which measure the difference between the offered price of an acquisition and the current trading price, have fluctuated on several closely watched merger deals.
The following list shows the arbitrage spreads for some high-profile takeover deals, based on Tuesday's stock prices. Historically, the wider the spread, the more investors doubt the deal will close. TARGET BUYER ARBITRAGE SPREAD Alliance Data (ADS.N) Blackstone Group (BX.N) 37.1 percent Aquila Inc. ILA.N Great Plains Energy (GXP.N) 15.7 percent Clear Channel (CCU.N) Bain Capital, Thomas H. Lee 28.5 percent Cumulus Media (CMLS.O) Merrill Lynch Global P/E 117.6 percent Gemstar-TV Guide GMST.O Macrovision Corp. MVSN.O 40.5 percent Hunstman Corp. (HUN.N) Hexion Specialty Chemical 20.5 percent Penn National Gaming (PENN.O) Fortress Investment Group 21.8 percent Reddy Ice Holdings FRZ.N GSO Capital Partners 41.3 percent 3Com Corp. COMS.O Bain Capital 40.0 percent XM Satellite Radio XMSR.O Sirius Satellite (SIRI.O) 19.2 percent (Reporting by Jessica Hall, editing by Dave Zimmerman) (For more M&A news and our DealZone blog, go to here)
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Nine-month-old baby may have been cured of HIV, U.S. scientists say
- Exclusive: Russia wants IMF to move ahead on reforms without U.S. - sources