Palmer recruited for Ice Cube sports pic
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Keke Palmer has joined Ice Cube in his untitled inspirational sports drama for Dimension Films.
Palmer will play Jasmine Plummer, the first female quarterback in Pop Warner history, who with her teammates draws support from her uncle (Ice Cube) and members of their Illinois town when the team plays in the Pop Warner Super Bowl.
Tasha Smith ("Why Did I Get Married?"), Jill Marie Jones ("The Perfect Holiday"), Dash Mihok ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"), Matt Craven ("The Clearing") and Garrett Morris ("Jackpot") also have joined the cast. Comedians Earthquake ("Clerks II") and Michael Colyar ("Norbit") also will appear in the film, which had been titled "Comeback."
Limp Bizkit frontman-turned-director Fred Durst is directing from a script by Doug Atchison ("Akeelah and the Bee"), based on a screenplay by Nick Santora.
Palmer, whose credits include "Akeelah" and "Madea's Family Reunion," next appears in the crime drama "Cleaner," which stars Samuel L. Jackson and Ed Harris.
Ice Cube appears in Sony/Screen Gems' crime comedy "First Sunday."
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |