Palmer recruited for Ice Cube sports pic
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Keke Palmer has joined Ice Cube in his untitled inspirational sports drama for Dimension Films.
Palmer will play Jasmine Plummer, the first female quarterback in Pop Warner history, who with her teammates draws support from her uncle (Ice Cube) and members of their Illinois town when the team plays in the Pop Warner Super Bowl.
Tasha Smith ("Why Did I Get Married?"), Jill Marie Jones ("The Perfect Holiday"), Dash Mihok ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"), Matt Craven ("The Clearing") and Garrett Morris ("Jackpot") also have joined the cast. Comedians Earthquake ("Clerks II") and Michael Colyar ("Norbit") also will appear in the film, which had been titled "Comeback."
Limp Bizkit frontman-turned-director Fred Durst is directing from a script by Doug Atchison ("Akeelah and the Bee"), based on a screenplay by Nick Santora.
Palmer, whose credits include "Akeelah" and "Madea's Family Reunion," next appears in the crime drama "Cleaner," which stars Samuel L. Jackson and Ed Harris.
Ice Cube appears in Sony/Screen Gems' crime comedy "First Sunday."
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |