CBS sticks with "Survivor"; Probst re-ups as host
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - CBS has renewed "Survivor," ordering 17th and 18th installments of the long-running reality series.
Additionally, Jeff Probst has signed a new deal to continue as host.
The series' 16th edition, "Survivor: Micronesia," premieres February 7. Casting for "Survivor 17" is under way.
"I still get excited to get on the plane and travel to another exotic location with another group of adventure-seeking, type-A personalities," said Probst, who has been host since the series' inception. "It is without question the best job I've ever had."
The most recent installment, "Survivor: China," averaged 15.2 million viewers and a 5.1 rating/14 share among adults 18-49. While the franchise has been trekking downward in the ratings since its early heyday, it still dominates its time period, anchoring CBS' Thursday lineup.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor