Sony cuts 07/08 PlayStation 3 sales target to 9.5 mln
TOKYO Jan 31 (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp (6758.T) on Thursday said it had cut its PlayStation 3 sales target for the year to March to 9.5 million units from 11 million. Sony saw a slow start to the videogame consoles' sales after its launch in late 2006 due to its high price and scarcity of strong software titles.
On the other hand, Sony said it was raising its PlayStation Portable sales target for the current business year to 13 million units from 10 million.
Sony sold 4.9 million units of the PS3 in October-December. During the same period, rival Nintendo Co Ltd 7974.OS sold about 7 million units of the Wii. (Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76