Kudrow, Aiken to execute "Will"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Lisa Kudrow and Liam Aiken will star in the musical coming-of-age comedy-drama "Will."
David Bowie also is in talks to join the cast, which includes Vanessa Hudgens, Aly Michalka and Scott Porter.
Written by Todd Graff and Josh Cagan, the script centers on a high school outcast and a popular girl who form an unlikely bond through their shared love of music. They assemble a like-minded crew of misfits and form a rock group to perform in a battle-of-the-bands competition at their school.
Aiken is playing the title character, and Kudrow will play his mother.
Graff is directing the film, which Walden Media and Summit Entertainment will co-finance.
Aiken's screen credits include "Road to Perdition," "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and "Fay Grim." Kudrow can next be seen in the feature film "Powder Blue." Bowie's last film role was in Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige."
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand