Kudrow, Aiken to execute "Will"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Lisa Kudrow and Liam Aiken will star in the musical coming-of-age comedy-drama "Will."
David Bowie also is in talks to join the cast, which includes Vanessa Hudgens, Aly Michalka and Scott Porter.
Written by Todd Graff and Josh Cagan, the script centers on a high school outcast and a popular girl who form an unlikely bond through their shared love of music. They assemble a like-minded crew of misfits and form a rock group to perform in a battle-of-the-bands competition at their school.
Aiken is playing the title character, and Kudrow will play his mother.
Graff is directing the film, which Walden Media and Summit Entertainment will co-finance.
Aiken's screen credits include "Road to Perdition," "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and "Fay Grim." Kudrow can next be seen in the feature film "Powder Blue." Bowie's last film role was in Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige."
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |