Kudrow, Aiken to execute "Will"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Lisa Kudrow and Liam Aiken will star in the musical coming-of-age comedy-drama "Will."
David Bowie also is in talks to join the cast, which includes Vanessa Hudgens, Aly Michalka and Scott Porter.
Written by Todd Graff and Josh Cagan, the script centers on a high school outcast and a popular girl who form an unlikely bond through their shared love of music. They assemble a like-minded crew of misfits and form a rock group to perform in a battle-of-the-bands competition at their school.
Aiken is playing the title character, and Kudrow will play his mother.
Graff is directing the film, which Walden Media and Summit Entertainment will co-finance.
Aiken's screen credits include "Road to Perdition," "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and "Fay Grim." Kudrow can next be seen in the feature film "Powder Blue." Bowie's last film role was in Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige."
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |