Kudrow, Aiken to execute "Will"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Lisa Kudrow and Liam Aiken will star in the musical coming-of-age comedy-drama "Will."
David Bowie also is in talks to join the cast, which includes Vanessa Hudgens, Aly Michalka and Scott Porter.
Written by Todd Graff and Josh Cagan, the script centers on a high school outcast and a popular girl who form an unlikely bond through their shared love of music. They assemble a like-minded crew of misfits and form a rock group to perform in a battle-of-the-bands competition at their school.
Aiken is playing the title character, and Kudrow will play his mother.
Graff is directing the film, which Walden Media and Summit Entertainment will co-finance.
Aiken's screen credits include "Road to Perdition," "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and "Fay Grim." Kudrow can next be seen in the feature film "Powder Blue." Bowie's last film role was in Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige."
- Gaza rockets land deep in Israel as it bombards Palestinian enclave |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Both candidates in Indonesia election claim victory; Jokowi ahead in more counts |
- Argentina, Netherlands set for battle, Brazil wonders what happened
- Former New Orleans Mayor Nagin gets 10 years in corruption case