Half of UK men would swap sex for 50 inch TV
LONDON (Reuters) - Nearly half of British men surveyed would give up sex for six months in return for a 50-inch plasma TV, a survey -- perhaps unsurprisingly carried out for a firm selling televisions -- said on Friday.
Electrical retailer Comet surveyed 2,000 Britons, asking them what they would give up for a large television, one of the latest consumer "must-haves".
The firm found 47 percent of men would give up sex for half a year, compared to just over a third of women.
"It seems that size really does matter more for men than women," the firm said.
A quarter of people said they would give up smoking, with roughly the same proportion willing to give up chocolate.
(Reporting by Peter Apps, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading