Samsung hopes to have Google phone early 2009
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Korea's Samsung Electronics hopes to have a phone based on Google's Android mobile phone software platform by early next year, it said at the Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Samsung added that it expected to have four or five WiMax phones out this year. WiMax is a wireless technology similar to WiFi but with longer range and stronger signals.
(Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Quentin Bryar)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade