Samsung hopes to have Google phone early 2009
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Korea's Samsung Electronics hopes to have a phone based on Google's Android mobile phone software platform by early next year, it said at the Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Samsung added that it expected to have four or five WiMax phones out this year. WiMax is a wireless technology similar to WiFi but with longer range and stronger signals.
(Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Quentin Bryar)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich