Staples in 2.5 bln euro offer for Corp. Express
AMSTERDAM Feb 19 (Reuters) - U.S. office goods supplier Staples proposed a 7.25 euros per share offer for Dutch peer Corporate Express CXP.AS on Tuesday, valuing the company at around 2.5 billion euros ($3.68 billion).
Staples added its all cash offer represented a premium of around 67 percent to Corporate Express' closing price of Feb. 4. Shares in Corporate Express jumped 33 percent on the news.
Corporate Express, one of the world's largest office products wholesalers, has been under pressure from hedge funds to put itself up for sale and rumours of interest from Staples have surfaced frequently.
(Reporting by Alexandra Hudson)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |