UPDATE 1-Nintendo rolls out Wii fitness game product
(Adds details from company statement in paragraphs 2, 4)
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - Games maker Nintendo Co Ltd 7974.OS on Wednesday said it will launch a new physical fitness game product called Wii Fit for U.S. shipping in May.
The Wii Fit, which will debut on May 19, will come with a weight-and-motion sensing device called the Wii Balance Board, the company said in a statement.
Nintendo is also planning to launch a new online service in the U.S. in May called WiiWare that will allow game publishers to distribute new titles over the Internet directly to users, instead of on discs.
Early WiiWare games will come from developers such as Square Enix, famous for the role-playing game franchise "Final Fantasy." (Reporting by Yinka Adegoke and Franklin Paul, editing by Will Waterman and Gerald E. McCormick)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |