UPDATE 1-Nintendo rolls out Wii fitness game product
(Adds details from company statement in paragraphs 2, 4)
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - Games maker Nintendo Co Ltd 7974.OS on Wednesday said it will launch a new physical fitness game product called Wii Fit for U.S. shipping in May.
The Wii Fit, which will debut on May 19, will come with a weight-and-motion sensing device called the Wii Balance Board, the company said in a statement.
Nintendo is also planning to launch a new online service in the U.S. in May called WiiWare that will allow game publishers to distribute new titles over the Internet directly to users, instead of on discs.
Early WiiWare games will come from developers such as Square Enix, famous for the role-playing game franchise "Final Fantasy." (Reporting by Yinka Adegoke and Franklin Paul, editing by Will Waterman and Gerald E. McCormick)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling