Scorsese admits mental patients to "Island"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Emily Mortimer and Jackie Earle Haley will play mental patients in the mystery drama "Shutter Island," Martin Scorsese's latest collaboration with Leonardo DiCaprio.
Max von Sydow has also joined the cast of the Paramount Vantage project, which begins production next week.
DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo play two U.S. marshals who travel to a Massachusetts island to investigate the disappearance of a patient from a hospital for the criminally insane. Chaos ensues as they encounter a web of deceit, a hurricane and a deadly inmate riot that leaves them trapped on the island. Von Sydow will play one of the hospital's physicians.
Ben Kingsley, Michelle Williams and Patricia Clarkson also star in the film, which was adapted by Laeta Kalogridis from "Mystic River" author Dennis Lehane's 2004 novel.
Von Sydow recently appeared in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," and Mortimer in "Lars and the Real Girl." Haley received an Oscar nomination last year for his supporting role as a sex offender in "Little Children."
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV