CEO sees Sprint as main brand, Nextel as sub-brand
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N) plans to keep Sprint as its umbrella brand, using the Nextel brand for applications such as push-to-talk, Chief Executive Dan Hesse said on Thursday.
"We are really focusing on building the Sprint brand as the umbrella brand for everything we do, but also having some sub-brands that are very specific to applications or market segments," said Hesse in a call with analysts.
The company also said that it would launch QChat, a new version of its walkie-talkie style push-to-talk service, in the second quarter, with expansion to 20 markets in 2008. (Reporting by Sinead Carew, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest