- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
- Two freight trains collide in Missouri, bringing down overpass
CEO sees Sprint as main brand, Nextel as sub-brand
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N) plans to keep Sprint as its umbrella brand, using the Nextel brand for applications such as push-to-talk, Chief Executive Dan Hesse said on Thursday.
"We are really focusing on building the Sprint brand as the umbrella brand for everything we do, but also having some sub-brands that are very specific to applications or market segments," said Hesse in a call with analysts.
The company also said that it would launch QChat, a new version of its walkie-talkie style push-to-talk service, in the second quarter, with expansion to 20 markets in 2008. (Reporting by Sinead Carew, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this