Buffett says: "We're in a recession": CNBC
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Warren Buffett, chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRKa.N) (BRKb.N), said on Monday that "from a common sense standpoint right now, we're in a recession."
Speaking on CNBC, Buffett said the United States might not be in a recession from a technical standpoint, but based on what he sees from the businesses Berkshire Hathaway manages, the economy is contracting.
(Reporting by Dan Wilchins; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Revered by millions as a beacon of hope against oppression and as an archetype of reconciliation, Nelson Mandela leaves behind a grieving nation. Video