Comcast to carry Disney Travel on Demand
LOS ANGELES, March 11
LOS ANGELES, March 11 (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) more than doubled the number of households carrying its cable travel channel by bringing Comcast Cable Communications Inc DCMC1.BA on board for the second year of operations, Disney said on Tuesday.
Disney launched its Travel on Demand channel, which lets viewers contact Disney vacation planners via their TV remote controls, on 9 million Cablevision (CVC.N) and Time Warner Cable (TWC.N) households in May of 2007.
Disney said 23 percent of viewers who used the "Talk to Agent" feature ended up buying Disney vacations.
The company plans to add four new shows in the coming season, including "Disney's What's Cooking with Cat Cora," and programming featuring Disney Channel stars from "Hannah Montana", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "High School Musical."
As they watch, viewers can click their remote control to request an immedate telephone call from a Disney travel planner during extended business hours. (Reporting by Gina Keating)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections