Pope says Iraq archbishop death "inhuman violence"
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Thursday condemned the death of the kidnapped Chaldean Catholic archbishop in Iraq as "an act of inhuman violence that offends the dignity of the human being".
The Pope made his comments in a telegram sent to Iraqi Catholic Church leaders after the discovery of the body of Paulos Faraj Rahho, who was abducted last month.
(Reporting by Philip Pullella)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source