VW mulls building 100,000-150,000 cars in U.S.
WOLFSBURG, Germany (Reuters) - Volkswagen (VOWG.DE), the world's fourth-largest carmaker, confirmed widespread speculation that it was concentrating its search for a new North American plant in the United States.
"Initially we plan an annual capacity of 100,000-150,000 vehicles," VW production boss Jochem Heizmann said.
Volkswagen said it had hedged its foreign exchange risks to varying degrees into 2012.
(Reporting by Christiaan Hetzner)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source