China shot dead 4 in weekend riot in Tibet-Xinhua
BEIJING, March 20 (Reuters) - Chinese police shot dead four protesters in unrest earlier this week in a Tibetan community in the western province of Sichuan, Xinhua news agency reported on Thursday.
Police acted in "self-defence" in the riot in Sichuan's Aba county, the report said.
China says 13 "innocent civilians" were killed in an anti-government riot last week in Tibet's capital Lhasa, but Thursday's report was the first admission of deaths inflicted by its security forces in the wave of unrest across its Tibetan regions. (Reporting by Lindsay Beck)
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers as ECB bets hold down euro