Clay Aiken heads "Here" on next album
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Just as his stint starring in the Broadway hit "Spamalot" concludes, "American Idol" veteran Clay Aiken will return with his first album of entirely new material since 2003's "Measure of a Man."
"On My Way Here," due May 6 via 19 Recordings/RCA, will likely include the title track and a song called "Ashes," but no other details about the project have yet been made available.
Aiken is expected to tour the United States this summer, beginning in July.
"Measure of Man" debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200, five months after Aiken came in second to second-season "Idol" champ Ruben Studdard. Aiken has since released 2004's "Merry Christmas With Love" and 2006's all-covers "A Thousand Different Ways."
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow