Elizabeth Banks to play Laura Bush in Oliver Stone movie
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Elizabeth Banks is going from the world of adult films to the White House.
The actress, who recently wrapped shooting Kevin Smith's comedy "Zack and Miri Make a Porno," is in final negotiations to portray first lady Laura Bush in "W," Oliver Stone's biopic on the life and presidency of George W. Bush.
Josh Brolin ("No Country For Old Men") already is on board to play the president. Shooting begins in late April in Shreveport, La.
Stone, who wrote the screenplay with his "Wall Street" collaborator Stanley Weiser, has said he plans to make "a fair, true portrait" of Bush, focusing on such areas as his relationship with his father, President George H.W. Bush, his wild youth, and his conversion to Christianity.
Banks, 34, starred in the three "Spider-Man" films, "Seabiscuit" and "The 40-Year-Old Virgin."
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions