Celine Dion postpones Australian concerts
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Canadian singer Celine Dion has postponed a series of Australian concerts as part of her world tour due to a throat infection, her publicists said on Friday.
Dion is in Australia as part of her first world tour in 10 years, with concerts set for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
"Her doctor has instructed her to rest for an additional 48 hours in order to be fully recovered," her publicists said in a statement on Friday.
The infection forced Dion to postpone her Melbourne and Brisbane concerts earlier in the week, with two Sydney concerts also now postponed for a week.
Dion, a Grammy Award winner, sold more than 27 million copies of the hit song "My Heart Will Go On" from the soundtrack of the movie Titanic.
(Reporting by James Grubel)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions